Friday, April 20, 2007

Piano, piano


It's been quite hectic the last few weeks, lots of racing, long trips in the car, way too little of time home. The marks of the early season, small "fatigue" with lots of self critic about the first races. I have been spending also a lot of time figuring out my "parallysing leg" dilemma, that means many tests, doctors appointements, all fitted into my training / racing schedule. I have found some answers, I finally have the experts around me that are seriously interested in finding out what's going on. It seems like I have what they call "iliac artery occlusion". That means that in hard effort there is an artery that gets "stuck" and the blood doesn't flow like it should. -Leg gets num! I will be meeting a professeur in Marseille next week. He has been studying this problem (that is really common among cyclist by the way) and we will figure out what to do. It might be the case that he has to operate, in that case I have to wait until the end of the season and just train crazy hard to be able to pedale with one leg from time to time. I do know how to do that as I've been suffering this for three years now!
So no Piano for me! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hyvä, että homma alkaa selvitä, tsemppiä sinne! Pus o kram.